the travel book Policies
1. Our Commitment to Privacy
- What information do we collect, what are the purposes for which we collect this information, and how is it used? How do we disclose information collected?
- What security measures do we have in place to protect information we collect?
- How do you correct and/or update the information we collect?
- How do you "opt out" from allowing your information to be used by us for certain purposes?
- What are cookies, and how do we use them?
- What are my rights as a California resident? How are you able to contact us?
2. Information We Collect and How it is Used, and Purposes for Collecting of Information
3. Information You Explicitly Provide
Creating an Account. Visitors to this Site may be required tofill out a contact us, profile or registration form, which requires them to fill out certain information about themselves. Through this process, we collect your information (like your telephone number and physical and/or e-mail addresses) and a user chosen password. The information we collect is used for our own internal tracking purposes - identification andservice selection, evaluation and in support of this Site. We also use this contact information from time to time to send you mailings, email alerts and other materials about The Travel Book including information related to this Site andservice updates. We also retain certain portions of your contact information for our internal records. If you wish, when you create an account or submit your information to this Site, you may elect not to receive future mailings of our email alerts or other materials. In addition, at any time after creating an account with us or submitting your information to this Site you may ask us not to send you any further information about The Chalkboard Project, LLC or this Site. See "How to Opt Out" below.
4. Information We Automatically Collect
IP Addresses. When you connect to the Internet, your computer has a unique identification code called a "MAC ADDRESS". You also have an "IP address." Depending on the way you access the Internet, you may also have a different IP address each time you connect, or your IP address may be the same each time, or it may not be a unique IP address - you may share the IP address with others using your router. We log the IP addresses of users who visit this Site. We use your IP address for system administration purposes, such as to help diagnose problems with our server. In addition, we may use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you and the rest of the users who visit this Site.
5. Disclosure and Use of Collected Information
- Generally. We may provide aggregate information about visitors to this Site and our customers, sales, Site traffic patterns and related Site information to our affiliates, including without limitation our parent, subsidiaries, predecessors, successors and assigns or any entity merged into or with The Travel Book (if any).
- Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information. We may disclose any and all information when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or if disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights.
- Use of Information. We use collected information for many purposes, including, but not limited to, administering and improving this Site, diagnosing problems with our systems, developing new ideas and services, and communicating with you. We do not share your personally identifiable information (including any information you provide to us or information gathered through the account registration process such as name, email address) with other third party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent, other than to process any requests or other matters related to this Site. We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage date, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions and/or functionality on this Site.
6. Our Security Measures
We take reasonable security measures in order to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information we collect from you. If you wish, you may contact this Site's Webmaster to find out more about the security measures we have implemented.
7. Linked Websites and Advertisers
This Site may contain links to other websites, which may not have privacy policies, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should contact them directly.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits those customers that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes.
9. Employees, Access, Training and Expectations
Our business values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons and processes.
10. Merger, Sale or Change in Control
In the event that The Travel Book is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
© August 2017 The Travel Book. All rights reserved.